22 CHILDRED DEAD AFTER INDIAN MEAL

At least 22 schoolchildren died in north eastern India after eating free school lunches that contained a poison, a state official said.

More than 25 others were hospitalized in Bihar state,said Bihar Education Minister P.K. Shahi, after ingesting an insecticide that was in the food.

One remains critical, the hospital said.
The poison was organophosphorus, a chemical that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says is commonly used in agriculture.

It is a nerve agent related to sarin gas, which is usedin chemical warfare, the U.S. Health Department says.

Exposure to a high dose can cause an irregular heartbeat, difficulty breathing, paralysis and seizures.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s